Stop the War AGM
Stop the War held a very useful and successful annual conference on Saturday. The conference addressed the dangers of a Johnson-led foreign policy, the critical levels of instability being created by Trump's serial aggressions and the importance of strengthening the anti-war movement. There was discussion of how best to push for an anti-war government, stopping arms sales to Saudi Arabia, collaboration with the climate change campaigns, the protests at the London NATO summit in December and the spread of US-led hybrid wars.
The central focus was on the growing threat of war with Iran. The final panel discussed the latest situation and outlined the case against war on Iran in detail. Conference called for people to step up campaigning in every area over Iran on an urgent basis and to participate in a membership drive being launched from the head office.
The resolutions passed at the conference can be seen here.
The key campaigning points for supporters from the conference were as follows:
1) Organise Don't Attack Iran meetings everywhere.
2) Circulate the Don't Attack Iran petition - including organising street stalls to widen public support.
3) Approach Labour Party and trade union groups in your area to pass our resolution on Iran and to affiliate to Stop the War.
4) Build the anti-war bloc on the September 29th demonstration at the Tory Party conference in Manchester.
5) Start organising now for the NATO counter summit and counter demonstration on November 30 and December 3 in London.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with the office with reports or for advice and support. And please, if you are not a member help kick off our membership drive by joining now!